Around 35,000 people in the UK die every year because of sepsis. Let us help with your sepsis and blood poising misdiagnosis claims.
110,000 more people suffer from sepsis, than originally thought
The York Health Economics Consortium suggests that 260,000 Britons develop sepsis each year, 110,000 more than estimated.
The life threatening condition gained publicity after the death of one-year-old William Mead in 2014. 111 mishandled his mother’s call, and doctors failed to spot the condition.
4 Year Old Girl Dies After Hospital Sends Her Home
Young girl dies from sepsis after falling ill, and hospital sends her home
Baby Dies After Sepsis Misdiagnosed As A Tight Nappy
Medics miss sepsis as they diagnose a significant symptom as being caused by a tight nappy.
Botched Gallbladder Surgery Leaves Young Mum Fighting For Her Life
When the young mum had surgery to remove her gallbladder (cholecystectomy), she was left needing life-saving surgery to correct a series of negligent failures.
Cosmetic surgery patient death was avoidable
In inquest has heard how a mum of one died due to a sepsis infection which caused multiple organ failure after undergoing cosmetic surgery.
Doctor’s Manslaughter Ruling Could be Followed by Striking off
At a hearing before the MPTS (Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service) the doctor’s fitness to practice was found to be below an acceptable standard.
Doctors Fail To Spot Sepsis After Bunion Surgery
The patient was admitted to hospital twice before a sepsis diagnosis which proved fatal.
Doctors Send Home Dying Patient
Man dies from sepsis after being sent home by medics.
Failure To Diagnose Sepsis Caused Death of Southend Man
A sepsis awareness campaign is being backed by the fiancée of a man who died from the deadly disease after an out-of-hours Doctor and Paramedics failed to correctly diagnose his illness.
First lifesaving sepsis team in a UK A&E department
Leicester Royal Infirmary is the first A&E department in the UK to get their own dedicated sepsis team.
The unique medical team, the first of its kind to be set up in the country, are based in the department to spot signs of the potentially deadly condition, sepsis.
It is important that anyone with sepsis, also known as bloody poisoning, is treated quickly.
Four out of five people do not know the dangers of sepsis
The survey carried out by Negligence Claimline asked 500 people which disease they thought caused the most deaths each year in the UK. The choices included: breast cancer, leukaemia, meningitis, pneumonia, and sepsis.
Hospital Failings Led To Avoidable Death
A man dies after medics fail to recognise sepsis and kidney injury
Incorrect antibiotics given to mum caused stillbirth
Mum contracted group B strep weeks before she was due to give birth and a mix-up caused her not to received antibiotics which could have saved her son.
Mother Of Five Dies After Sore Elbow Led To Sepsis
A woman was admitted to hospital with an elbow infection and died two days later.
Mother Sues NHS For Losing Limbs From Sepsis
Doctors failed to spot signs of sepsis, 31-year-old mother lost legs, an arm and fingers.
Patient Dies After Medics Fail To Check Blood Tests
A 72-year old man loses his life after his leg is badly burned and blood tests were neglected
Sepsis After Giving Birth Resulted In Amputation Of Both Feet
A 35 year old mum had to have both feet amputated because a hospital failed to give her treatment for the deadly condition Sepsis.
Sepsis causes baby to be stillborn
Whilst pregnant, a mother in Westcliffe contracted the deadly disease, sepsis, causing her baby to be stillborn.
Sepsis Death After Foreign Object Mistake
Central venous catheter mistake causes fatal infection for the patient
Welsh Hospital Failed To Spot Signs Of Sepsis
A 79 year old man was declared fit for discharge but died a few days later because of sepsis. In a catalogue of serious errors, two consultants failed to record their examination findings and final checks were not carried out.
Woman Dies After Medics Fail To Notice Infection Eight Times
A woman dies from sepsis after a surgery wound infection that staff failed to spot on eight different occasions.