Wrong Site Surgery
Surgery on an incorrect body part
Boy Undergoes Second Surgery After Botched Operation
After surgeons make a mistake, a disabled boy requires a distressing second attempt at surgery.
Forceps Left Inside Patient
Nine inch forceps left inside a patient were discovered 10 days after surgery was originally performed
Foreign Body Left Inside Patient
In March 16, a 79 year old man went to hospital to have one of his tear ducts widened. 13 months later he notices a piece of plastic tube was protruding from his lower eyelid.
Hospital Oxygen Mask Mistake
Danger for a patient as oxygen facemask was incorrectly connected
Medics Accidentally Leave Wire Inside Patient
A “never-event” occurs at Royal Stoke University Hospital as a wire was left inside a patient.
Never Event Occurs As Patient Receives Wrong Prosthesis During Surgery
A patient undergoing knee surgery was given the wrong prosthesis in what the NHS describes as a never event.
Never Event Occurs With Anaesthetic Mistake
A Norfolk hospital accidentally inject anaesthetic into the wrong part of a patient
Over One Hundred Surgical Never Events In The Past Three Months
A report by NHS Improvement lists 145 surgical mistakes made between April and July 2017. The report lists these events as “Serious, largely preventable”
Patients Lungs Washed Out With Cleaning Fluid By Accident
A hospital files a ‘serious incident report’ after cleaning fluid was used by mistake in a lung procedure.
Surgeon Operates In Wrong Place Despite Arrow Marking
A 61-year-old man undergoes corrective surgery after operation in the wrong place
Wire Left In Child’s Body For Twelve Hours
A guide wire from an operation was spotted on a chest x-ray 12 hours later.