Definitions and interpretation
Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd, we or us: Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd
UK and EU Cookie Law: The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you: Any third party that accessed the Website and is not either (i) employed by Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website: The website that you are currently using, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- A reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- Reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment;
- Data collected
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Job Title;
- Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998Hill & Abbott Ltd is the “data controller”.
- We will retain Data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes it was collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosure specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties, unless required in the process of any legal transaction. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security see the clause below (Security)
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you
- Third-Party Websites and Services
- Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the Website. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Link to other Websites
- Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
- Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing Data with third parties
- Functionality of Website
- To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- Accessing your own Data
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd (where such Data is held). We will not charge a fee however, we may charge a reasonable admin fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
- We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
- We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Data security is of great importance to Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavour to do our best to protect your Personal Data. However, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to the Web site.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Viewpoint Hill & Abbott Solicitors Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
- This Website may place the following Cookies: Cookie Type: Strictly necessary
Purpose: These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
- Queries, requests or concerns
- To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints in relation to this policy or any other data protection matter between you and us, please in the first instance contact [email protected] or visit https://www.hill-abbott.co.uk/your-details/
- If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England, UK.